Oh wow. I mean, I’ve seen that other bloggers have received awards, but I always looked on with awe and secret envy. And know I know…you like us. You really like us!
Okay, Sally Fields moment over. (Sorry, but how many times am I going to be able to do that in my life?)
We were nominated for the Kreative Blogger award by Truthlet and Thoughtbits so I have to shout out a big thank you to her! She has a wonderful blog with articles on the spirit, body and mind.
Now, according to the rules of the award, you have to
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award to 7 nominees
Hmm…7 things about ourselves. Since this blog is written by two people, we’ll alternate between tidbits about me and Valerie.
1. We met in college, both of us being photography majors.
2. Late one night, either from boredom or from lack of sleep, we decided to have a barefoot race around our art building on campus. These races have become part of our routine, and even though we have since graduated, anytime we go back to the campus, we have to race. Valerie always seems to win. I maintain its because she’s shorter than me and therefore can turn around a corner easier. Valerie maintains that it is due to her superior racing skills and incredible ability to turn corners without leaning.
3. Mary’s favorite musician is Jackson Browne. If she was on a desert island and could only pick one musician to listen to, it would be Jackson Browne.
4. Valerie does not listen to a large array of music. She likes music in all shapes and sizes, but she needs to listen to an album about 12,687 times so that is is a part of her soul. Her soul requires repetition; it rarely accepts music simply and easily. She listens to Joni Mitchell like she’s trapped on a desert island and forgot to bring any other albums.
5. Valerie subscribes to 7 magazines. The only one she can’t live without is Elle Decor; she loves interior design. The real reason she likes Zooey Deschanel is an article done on her in Domino (I MISS THIS MAGAZINE)
6. Mary despises Zooey Deschanel, and all hipsters in any form for that matter. These girls try too hard to be quirky and “different” and it only comes off as being douchey. “Oh I like to play the ukelele and wear glasses (even though I don’t need them) and talk like a little girl because I’m so different. If you don’t like it, I like it only because it’ll make me stand out and be so unconventional” ARRGGGGG!!!!
7. Last but not least, Mary and Valerie would really like to meet Lady Gaga while we’re on the road in Nebraska.
There are so many we follow who meet the qualification of being super creative, but we’re only allowed to choose seven. Here goes
Thanks again for the nomination! We feel all warm and fuzzy inside
-Mary and Valerie