We recently received an email from a fellow blogger who assured me that I should not be worried about saving the baby elephants. He pointed out that if I went traipsing off into the African wilderness, who else would write such clever and amusing blog entries? If that wasn’t enough to cheer me up, which it was, he also nominated our blog for the
Thought Provoking Blog Award
Sounds pretty important and spiffy doesn’t it? Well it is. No, there isn’t a golden statue or fancy after parties (although you best believe Val and I will drink to this)
What’s really cool about this, is that someone out there reads our blog, on purpose, and actually likes it. And continues to read it!
We are very honored to have this wonderful award bestowed on us by the most awesome A Second Cup. Please go check out his blog. It’s amazingly positive and uplifting, and he’s a Cubs fan to boot. Thanks Dave!
Well again, there are rules to this award. It’s pretty much like the others.
1. Write a blog post about it – Check
2. Thank and mention the person who nominated you – Check
3. Share 7 things about yourselves – About to be Checked
4. Pass the award on to 5-7 blogs you enjoy – Where do we begin?
Hmm…only 7 things about us? We’re not very good at this, as there are a million things about us but none that are worthy of a blog entry or a list. But here goes
1. Mary is obsessed with NASA and all things outer space/sci-fi related, and desperately wishes she had the brains or patience to be an astronaut.
2. Valerie LOVES dinosaurs and wanted to be a paleontologist when she was younger. She has seen Jurassic Park too many times for her own good.
3. We both have both developed a freakish fixation on mustaches or “moustaches” as we believe it should be spelled. Blame it on a very red wine night in New Orleans.
4. If we became co-presidents it would rain glitter, garlic bread would be free, and we would turn the White House into a disco-themed roller skating rink.
And the nominees for the Though Provoking Blog Award are…
Thanks again for the nomination!
-M & V